Article 1 Application documents and materials
When applying for registration, a consignee or consignor of imported or exported goods shall submit the following documents and materials:
1. the photocopy of the duplicate copy its business license for enterprise legal person (in case of any sole proprietorship, joint venture or individual business, its business license shall be submitted);
2. a photocopy of the registration and record-filing form for a foreign trade dealer (except for a consignee or consignor of imported or exported goods that is not subject to the record-filing and registration procedures as required by the laws, administrative regulations or the Ministry of Commerce);
3. a photocopy of the articles of association (a non-enterprise legal person is not be required to submit this item);
4. the photocopy of the duplicate of its tax registration certificate;
5. a photocopy of its bank account opening proof;
6. the photocopy of the duplicate of its organization code certificate;
7. the Information Registration Form for a Declaration Agent and the Information Registration Form for the Management of a Declaration Agent; and
8. any other documents and materials relevant to the registration.
When going through the formalities for the registration, a foreign-invested enterprise shall submit the Certificate of Approval for Establishment of Enterprises with Foreign Investment in the People's Republic of China.
Article 2 Application site
Consignees or Consignors of imported or exported goods shall go through the declaration agent registration formalities with their local Customs in accordance with the applicable provisions.
Article 3 The examination, approval and handling by the Customs
The Customs in the place where the applicant is registered shall check whether the registration application materials are complete or not and whether they conform to the statutory formats or not. The completeness of the application materials means that the applicant has provided all the materials required by the Customs in accordance with the requirements hereof. The conformity of the application materials to the statutory formats means that the application materials have been submitted in accordance with the statutory time limit, and the matters recorded therein meet the statutory requirements and the formats of the documents satisfy the applicable standards.
Any applicant whose application materials are complete and conform to the statutory formats shall be issued by the local Customs in the place where it is registered with a Customs Declaration Registration Certificate for Consignees or Consignors of Imported or Exported Goods by which it may handle the customs declaration business.
A Declaration Registration Certificate for Consignees or Consignors of Imported or Exported Goods Issued by the Customs of the People's Republic of China shall be valid for a period of 3 years.