The term “personal postal printed, audio and video products” means the inward/outward printed, audio and video products delivered by mail. The term “printed products” means the replicas reproduced of the same contents in paper or other commonly used materials employing zinc plate, matrix or negative by means of machinery or illumination, as well as photographic plate, paper mould, painting, clip and paste, hand-written copy and duplicate copy. The term “audio and video products” means gramophone records, magnetic tapes, videotapes, video compact discs, compact discs, cinematographic films, slides and a variety of the storage media for computers.
1. Printed, audio and video products containing the following contents are prohibited from importation:
(1) Containing elements that attack the Constitution of the People’s Republic of China, falsely accuse the existing policies of our country, slander the Chinese Communist Party and the leaders of our country, contain propaganda which tries to overturn the government and/or destroy the stabilization and friendship between all nationalities of our country, provoke “two China” or “Tai Wan independence” theory.
(2) Containing detailed obscenity, pornography, superstition, murder, strong violence and other elements which are detrimental to the political, economic, cultural and moral interests of China.
(3) Exceeding the reasonable quantity for personal use and spreading any printed, audio and video religious products by any means.
2. Printed, audio and video products containing the following contents are prohibited from exportation:
(1) Specified as prohibited articles for importation.
(2) Involved with national confidential or printed products
containing description as “Published Interior”, “Domestic Publication” , or documents and papers marked “Interior Communication”, “Interior Reference”, as well as for reference of the colleges and universities including the state geology and topography mapping documents.
(3) Antique printed products prohibited from exportation and other printed products which are of cultural value, including the domestic original editions of the chorography, pedigree and genealogy.
(4) Domestic printed, audio and video products published illegally, or violating the intellectual property right and pirating from foreign publishing agency.
3. Importation and Exportation of printed, audio and video products in particular case
(1) For the needs of management, the domestic unit posting the above mentioned prohibited articles for importation, except those prohibited by the central information department, state culture and news agency as well as printed, audio and video products with obscene contents, shall present import licensing papers issued by the above departments (bureaus) and the competent authorities at the provincial, autonomous regional and municipal level. The import licensing papers issued by the Bureau of Religious Affairs of the State Council shall be produced for importing a large amount of religious printed products.
(2) For the needs of management and study, publications containing description as “Published Interior”, “Domestic Publication” or interior teaching materials and studying data printed by the colleges and universities shall be posted outward on the basis of the certification issued by the publishing units and the colleges and universities. The archives, libraries and museums at all levels exchanging the duplicate copy of the pedigree and genealogy with the foreign associations, and posting outward antique printed products prohibited from exportation and other printed products which are of cultural value, shall produce the export licensing certification issued by the External Coordination Group of Pedigree and Genealogy Archives or Committee of Cultural Relics Administration.